Tools & Resources
Modern steel bridges provide superior investment for the infrastructure of the future.
Developments in steel bridging systems and construction methods result in cost competitive structures. Steel bridge design combines strength, spanning capability, ease of construction and pleasing aesthetics with low environmental impact.
BlueScope Steel supplies high quality products for fabricated steel solutions to bridging challenges.
For more information or assistance please Contact Us.
- 26 May 2011 Australia's longest bridge - built on steel
- The Ted Smout Memorial Bridge, Australia's longest bridge at 2.7 kilometres, opened in July 2010 and supports the rapidly growing transport needs of south east Queensland. [Read more]
- 24 May 2011 Complex engineering geometry for simpler transport
- The XLERPLATE® steel girders used in the West Gate Freeway off-ramps, Melbourne, successfully met the project’s unique range of engineering, logistical and aesthetic challenges. [Read more]
- 05 July 2010 Vivid Steel Colours Melbourne's Newest Bypass
- Nearly 800 tonnes of GALVABOND® steel are providing a colourful visual identity for the unique noise barrier panels on the four lane Deer Park Bypass in Western Melbourne. [Read more]
- 04 December 2009 Pilbara project continues long association
- PIC is marking its 40th anniversary this year by continuing to supply key components to major resource projects. [Read more]
- 12 December 2007 Jobs Pile High For Morson
- Morson Engineering will help traffic flow in Newcastle after winning a local contract in September to supply piling for the new Tourle Street Bridge project. Each pile is made from Grade 350 XLERPLATE® steel, 40 metres long and 800mm in diameter. [Read more]
- 07 March 2007 Brisbane’s Newest River Bridge Carries No Cars or Trucks
- Brisbane's new Eleanor Schonell Bridge is Australia's first pedestrian, cycle and bus bridge. The A$55 million bridge is designed to carry buses, cyclists, pedestrians and emergency service vehicles. [Read more]
- 31 August 2006 Steel Solution Speeds Major Eastlink Bridges
- Victorian company GVP Fabricators Pty Ltd has moved from the supply and erection of steel for a major new Melbourne high-rise building to the fabrication and supply of trough girders for Melbourne's massive Eastlink project. [Read more]
- 06 January 2006 Modern transport gateway to western Sydney
- An important new project in Parramatta will provide commuters with a clean and modern transport gateway to Western Sydney, with the help of local steel fabrication firm, Adua Engineering, and XLERPLATE®. [Read more]
- 28 December 2005 Superspan Bridge - Jimboomba Creek, Queensland
- Along the Mt Lindesay Highway, 50km south east of Brisbane, a superspan bridge was built to cross the Jimboomba Creek. Replacement of the old, narrow two lane timber truss bridge was required to alleviate dangerous traffic problems. The new structure is an upgrade to a four lane dual carriageway crossing. [Read more]
- 14 October 2004 Regional fast rail project on track with XLERPLATE®
- A local Portland heavy engineering company has played a key role in Victoria's largest upgrade of regional rail in the last 120 years. The Regional Fast Rail project involves the upgrading of the Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong and Latrobe Valley lines, together with 38 new trains progressively coming into service from early 2005. [Read more]