Rainwater Harvesting is the term used for the capture of rainwater at each lot and the use of this water to supplement mains water for non-potable applications. To read more about how it works Download Detailed Rainwater Harvesting System Diagram (337 KB)
Why harvest rainwater?
Rainwater harvesting offers many benefits to the community, developers, and local councils including:
- Reduce mains water consumption
- Reduce water supply infrastructure costs
- Reduce requirements for new or bigger dams
- Improve water security of supply
- Improve asset protection (eg lawns, gardens and motor vehicles)
- Improve stormwater quality
- Reduce stormwater volume and peak stormwater discharges
- Improve performance of Water Sensitive Urban Design measures
For more information on the benefits of rainwater harvesting: Download Rainwater Harvesting Solutions Brochure (490 KB)
Why use AQUAPLATE® steel?
- Attractive shapes, textures and colours
- Easy to maintain
- Durable, Recyclable and Strong
Find out more about AQUAPLATE® steel download the product datasheet from the BlueScope Steel Australian Steel Products website.